Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Unfinishables

Well it's official, the Back to School shop is done, finished, over, well, we still need a pair of black pumps, but other than that.... it's all done  ***big sigh of relief*** 

I was then lucky enough to find myself with half an hour or so to myself so I sat in the conservatory listening to The Best Little Network ladies on BBC Radio Lancashire this afternoon, a very pleasant way to spend a bit of time today I must say.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, planning and working things out over these last few weeks whilst H has been off school, we've been able to spend some quality time as a family, which has been lovely, we've had a few adventures and I know exactly what my plans are for when H goes back to school in a couple of weeks, The Crafty Alchemy Lab is going to be a busy place to be for a few months... I'm oh so excited!

Meanwhile I have managed to get in some crafty time here and there but I seem to have a lot of unfinished projects kicking about, well these 3 actually...


They're quite large and quite detailed, which is probably why they're taking me so long. From left to right we have a Tando Creative top hat kit that has just been started, a large half altered dress form, it was a bargain from TK Maxx but I started it in February 2013, and finally the Tim Holtz Configurations box that I'm altering on a Christmas theme and started last August. It's not that I don't want to finish them, it's just I cannot decide on the absolutely perfect way to finish them.

So why, you ask, am I showing you my half finished projects? Well, quite simply, I want to get them finished and I'm hoping this will encourage me to get on with it rather than keep looking at them with feelings of crafty guilt. Now that you all know I feel I have to get them done.

Have you guys got any unfinished projects lying about? half done journal pages? unfinished knitted jumpers? Have you got lots of things you feel that you need to finish and never quite get around to it or have you lost the love for the thing you started? (this has happened to me so many times lol) Go on, you can tell me, maybe we can support each other in our desire to complete The Unfinishables (this is my new name for unfinished projects) In fact I've probably got enough to create a blog series out of this, I think I need to go and write this down, I'm having an idea. 

I'd really love to know what unfinished projects you've got lurking in your craft room :)

Thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you again soon.

Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. You are not along Claire. I have many "U.F.O.s" (un-finished objects) lurking at the back of numerous cupboards. Big, small and of various crafts/mediums. Knitting & cross-stitch are probably my worst offenders - I like things I can finish quickly so if the items starts to take longer than anticipated, I do get bored and shove it away...out of site...etc.
    Sometimes though it can be a nice surprise finding something that has been forgotten - especially if it turns out to not require a lot to get it completed.
    Good luck with your projects.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi me too UFO's everywhere - I really must get a bit more organised Lol! although my main one at the moment is an altered memory box and I have lots of bits and bobs for it but not quite happy with it yet so it is sitting where it won't let me forget it. We have the Edinburgh Festival up here just now so spare time been spent there - not leaving much crafting time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx